On Sep 20, 2010, at 10:19 PM, Ojan Vafai wrote:

> How about we create http/tests/xmlhttprequest/w3c-experimental or something
> like that? That can tide us over until the official version comes out, at
> which point, we can delete the w3c-experimental directory and just add a w3c
> directory.
>
> It would be nice if we could start fixing these things before they become
> part of the official test suite as a way of evaluating whether there are
> issues with the spec and/or test suite.

That is in fact exactly what we should be doing at this stage of the standards
process for XHR.

> Also, it seems to me like to does make sense to add an
> update-experimental-w3c-xhr-tests script or something until there is an
> official version.

Indeed. And even after the test suite is official, it is likely to expand over
time. We should also look over our own XHR tests to see if there are any that
it would make sense to contribute to the W3C.

Cheers,
Maciej