But is there any grouping we can do? Does each need a separate feature
flag?

I think separated feature flags are better.

Suppose that all types are in ENABLE_INCOMPLETE_INPUT_TYPES and we finish to
implement UI of one input type:
* We can't enable ENABLE_INCOMPLETE_INPUT_TYPES because other types are not
ready.
* If the UI requires port-specific code, we can't move the input type out of
ENABLE_INCOMPLETE_INPUT_TYPES flag for a port which already has the
port-specific code because other ports are not ready.
* Even if the UI is implemented by shadow DOM and requires no port-specific
code, mobile ports might need another implementation and might want to
disable the shadow DOM implementation.

If we introduce separated features flags, we won't have such issues.

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 03:05, Darin Adler <da...@apple.com> wrote:

On Aug 4, 2011, at 6:40 PM, TAMURA, Kent wrote:

> Like INPUT_COLOR, I'd like to introduce feature flags for date, datetime,
datetime-local, month, time, and week types.
> * We're going to implement dedicated UIs for them, and will want to
disable it temporarily.
> * Their current implementations are insufficient and one might not want
to ship them in browsers, but they were already shipped in some browsers.

These are both good reasons to have a feature flag and I think it’s
critical we do that. But is there any grouping we can do? Does each need a
separate feature flag?

    -- Darin

--
TAMURA Kent