Mark Rowe wrote:

> It'd be complicated to do this more widely since the AvailabilityMacros.h
> version of the macros are defined even when building for iOS. We'd need to
> review all of the uses to ensure that they were handled correctly. Given
> that I think it'd be better to just use this as a localized workaround
> until we drop support for building for Leopard.

The one place where we found it to be significant so far is in a
Chromium-specific file that’s not relevant to iOS, and we’re just going to
use MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED in that one instance for the time being.
If it happens anywhere else with this SDK, it’ll likely also be
Chromium-specific, and we’ll just deal with the ugliness of having to use a
different macro for this purpose until we get rid of the 10.5 SDK
altogether. Shouldn’t be long.