On Sep 26, 2012, at 1:44 PM, Simon Fraser <simon.fra...@apple.com> wrote:

> * we should choose between internals.settings or
> testRunner.overridePreference if that makes sense.

I've recently been working on a new API and I've discovered that
internals.settings and testRunner.overridePreference go through different
layers—internals.settings goes right to WebCore, whereas
testRunner.overridePreference goes through WebKit1 first. As my API only went
through WebKit2 at first, I was unable to use testRunner.overridePreference.
Moreover, I needed to use testRunner.overridePreference separately from
internals.settings to test that the WebKit1 API that I'd added worked.

Although I'm not fond of having multiple ways into the settings, I feel like
the two methods have separate use cases.

Jeffrey