WEBMGRS Digest for Friday, December 09, 2011.

1. Re: aauw web hosting
2. Re: aauw web hosting
3. Re: aauw web hosting

Subject: Re: aauw web hosting
From: Kay Koehler <kayko...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 18:43:41 -0500

Joyce describes a site a lot like Virginia's....we don't pay a whole lot
for the Yahoo space, but we would be really happy with free!...Patsy
Quick, our com vp, has been playing around with her branch site and we
were just discussing this today via email.  How will it work for all the
fund raiser flyers, scholarship applications and the like that several
of our branches need to have on the web? And, as she mentioned, the
videos, pictures and archives....and convention registration forms...we
need a LOT of space.

Kay Koehler
Webmaster AAUW of Virginia

--
Kay Koehler

From: Janet Watkins <jdenisewatk...@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 19:09:58 -0500 (EST)

 AAUW Detroit Branch switched from our state sponsored site to the national
site resources.
We manage our own content.  AAUW Site Resources has been very responsive when
I've
had questions or needed help. If you have a lot of video/photo content you
might run into capacity
issues.  You get 300 mb of space.

We currently have AAUW Our Impact Your AAUW and It's My Vote YouTube videos
posted
on our website as well as a branch YouTube photo gallery of our 2010 women's
summit.
Our site is currently at 5% space usage.  If you aren't opposed to uploading
your
videos to a YouTube account, this is a way to save space and still be able to
share your
media with others.

So far I have no complaints.  AAUW Site Resources have done very good job.

Janet Watkins
AAUW Detroit Branch

Hi all - We're considering switching our branch website, currently hosted by
yahoo,  over to the new National  aauw site resources facility.  I was
wondering about your experiences with it, any of you who have already switched
over..  Our current site is pretty large, with videos, pictures, archives and
so on....and we'd like to keep the same subject matter.
We're planning to manage our own site. Are you doing that having them manage it
for you?-Have you been pleased with the service?  Any glitches it would be
useful to know about?  - Joyce, Ballwin-Chesterfield (MO)

You are currently subscribed to webmgrs as:  jdenisewatk...@aol.com.

To unsubscribe click here:
http://listsrv.aauw.org/u?id=101720.8d72aa6365862ba137d7eee13452786e&n=T&l=webmgrs&o=59456

or send a blank email to
leave-59456-101720.8d72aa6365862ba137d7eee134527...@listsrv.aauw.org

From: "ELIZABETH PARKER" <parke...@usa.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 10:43:44 -0500

Hello, Betsy Parker here, from the San Juan PR Branch.

We shifted to Site Resources from a free Google web site.  Site Resources was
super helpful getting it set up.  We are also managing it ourselves.  However,
we did not have an extensive website before so we are still learning to use
the features of this site.  So far I am the only person who has attempted to
post anything, so I don't know how easy that makes it to use since I was
pretty comfortable with the whole concept before this site.  What sold me on
it, and continues to sell me on it, is how helpful everyone has been answering
my questions and getting things set up for us.

Betsy

Hi all - We're considering switching our branch website, currently hosted
by yahoo,  over to the new National  aauw site resources  facility.  I was
wondering about your experiences with it, any of you who  have already
switched over..  Our current site is pretty large, with  videos, pictures,
archives and so on....and we'd like to keep the same subject  matter.
We're planning to manage our own site. Are you doing that having them
manage it for you?-Have you been pleased with the service?  Any glitches it
would be useful to know about?  - Joyce, Ballwin-Chesterfield (MO)

---
You are currently subscribed to webmgrs as: parke...@usa.net.

To unsubscribe click here:
http://listsrv.aauw.org/u?id=2287179.6309e8e21a4a0136463e16bb88059491&n=T&l=webmgrs&o=59456