Hi,

2010/12/7 Christian Lohmaier <lohmaier+ooofut...@googlemail.com>:
> Hi Carlos, *,
>
> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 5:06 PM, Carlos Jenkins <hastciber...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2010/12/7 Christian Lohmaier
>> <lohmaier+ooofut...@googlemail.com<lohmaier%2booofut...@googlemail.com>

>> A lot of Distros and configuration doesn't show the Distro, so, why RPM?
>
> Because those that do, are debian based.

Please don't start a "religious" rpm/deb war.
Clearly, my user agent doesn't state the distro either, and mine isn't
deb-based. :)

>> As
>> Samuel stated, based on statistics, the more common is DEB,
>
> What statistics please?
>
>> so let put the
>> default the DEB one.
>
> Even if overall downloads would be more deb than rpm, then those with
> "unknown" system would be rpm in majority, as debian rebrands firefox,
> etc, and ubuntu also modifies user-agent string. RPM based distros
> usually don't.

I don't mind having the script default to deb, as long as I have the
option to choose a different version to download. :)

I think I am capable enough to decide which package to download for
installation.

Sigrid