Hello Christian, *,
Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 2:44 PM, Thomas Hackert
> <thack...@nexgo.de> wrote:
>> while trying to search for a bug in Bugzilla, I am getting the
>> following error message:
>> <quote>
>> Software error:
>>
>> Can't connect to the database.
>> Error: FATAL:  the database system is starting up
>> FATAL:  the database system is starting up
>>   Is your database installed and up and running?
>>   Do you have the correct username and password selected in
>> localconfig?
>>
>> Steps to reproduce:
>> - Just go to https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/
>> You will immediately see the above mentioned error message ...
:(

> Yeah, and in fact the VM  was restarted at the point - so the
> "Fatal" error was that the database was in fact still
> initializing, You shouldn't have gotten t he message all the time
> from 9am til the afternoon. Once in the morning, once in the
> afternoon, but not all the time in between). So sure you weren't
> getting a cached copy of the error page only?

sorry for sounding to dramatically (I did not tried it every minute
from 9 AM to the afternoon, but several times from that time up to
the time I sent the mail .... ;) ) I have used <Crtl>+<R> a couple
of times, but to no avail ... :(

> Or you just had good
> timing :-)

Could be ... ;)

> Anyway, the shuffling around has an end now, and from what I
can
> tell all services (including askbot that was part of the problem)
> have been run smoothly since last night/today.

O.K.

> If you still experience problems, please let us know right as you
> hit them, preferably with also a quick ping in #tdf-infra channel
> on freenode.

O.K.
Thanks for your information and have a nice time
Thomas.

--
Of course, you UNDERSTAND about the PLAIDS in the SPIN
CYCLE --