> I currently have the vague idea to make a Webware 1.0 branch that
> requires Python 2.4 and brings some major changes (standard installer
> etc.). This will not happen so quickly however and by the time 1.0 will
> be released, Python 2.3 will be probably completely outdated. If 1.0
> takes too long, we could make some intermediate releases in the 0.9.x
> branch that would still run on Python 2.3. How does this sound?

The 0.8.1 release hiatus appears to be over (hooray!), but maintaining
two release branches may be a bridge too far.  In any case, there is a
trade off to be made with consideration of how much benefit proposed
features get from Python 2.4; there is no point in frustrating the
developers who contribute so much to please a dwindling number of users
on old platforms.  I'm happy to leave it in the hands of you developers
since you are considering to the lag between Python releases and
operating system distributions.

Regards,
  Oliver