Hello - I have been using Webware since 0.5 and there is still one
process I can't get straight in my head: Why are servlets imported using
the context name as the package name, rather than the directory on the
filesystem?

This poses issues if you have servlets which inherit from other servlets
in the same context. If the package name is the same as the context
name, you will get errors if Servlet B is  created by the ServletFactory
before Servlet A and also inherits from Servlet A. And if the package
name is different from the context name, to avoid that name clashing
issue, then you end up with two packages of the same code existing in
memory.

I can work up more detailed examples, but as my project is running into
this structure again, it seems to beg the question: Is there a reason it
needs to be done that way? Why can't ServletFactory name the package
after the directory name like the normal Python imports?

Regards - Ben