I am very pleased to announce the first beta release of Webware for
Python 1.0, available for download from SourceForge (at
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/webware/Webware-1.0b1.tar.gz).

This is expected to become a long-time supported stable release,
compatible with all Python 2.x versions. Bug fixes will be provided as
necessary and will be released with version numbers 1.0.x.

Download and test, everybody! Please report any problems you can find in
this release, and please let me also know of any innacurate or outdated
information in the accompanying documentation.

No new features will be accepted for this version any more. Depending on
how many bugs will be found, we may go through one ore more additional
beta releases, but I hope the final 1.0 release will be out soon.

-- Christoph