Am 02.12.2010 04:14 schrieb Oliver Bock:
> I observed it using a simple Webware script that reports the number of
> active threads and roughly what they are doing. This script is normally
> very fast because it waits on no locks and does no database work.
> However when the server is busy I have occasionally noticed a several
> second delay before it returns, and when it does return I see that the
> other threads are all busy, and that the number of threads is still just
> 5. In fact, the number of threads is /always/ just 5, so far as I can see.
>
> So my question is: is this behaviour normal? Am I handling this the
> right way?

Hi Oliver, just looked into this.

Webware comes with a servlet called "ThreadControl" in the Admin
context. There you can see which threads are currently handling which
requests, and how many threads are idle. When I start the appserver, it
shows the thread handling the ThreadControl servlet, and 9 idle threads,
as expected. Then after a while, the idle threads go down to 4, also as
expected. Webware also also comes with a script "stress.py" in
WebKit/Test/stress. After I tried a "stress.py 500 30 30", I saw 19 idle
threads, slowly phasing down to 4 again, again just as expected.

Can you try the same on your machine and check if you get the same behavior?

-- Christoph