Dear Lynne,

This morning I phoned the Standesamt in Gronau. They told
me that they will send the birth record of your grandfather
to you. You must write them a letter with the name and
birth date of your grandfather. You have to enclose a
return envelope with your address and DM 15,-- (DM 12,--
for the record and DM 3,-- for postage). Then you will get
the record. The address is

Stadtverwaltung Gronau
- Standesamt -
Konrad-Adenauer-Str. 1
D - 48599 Gronau
Germany

My parents who are still living in Gronau told me that No.
42 Gildehauser is now a parking place next to the railway.
--- Lynne C 13 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb: > Thank you
again, Antje.  Your information is invaluable.

Regards

Antje