Friends,
The level of sharing of ideas on critical issues on the net is encouraging but
how do we get the wider public and the leadership of Arua think the way we
desire?
Reliable information from the Ugandan Cabinet is that there is a move to
upgrade Arua Municipality to city status. Upon sharing this with the town
clerk, i am told the land area disqualifies the city upgrading issue. These are
ideas being discussed.
Back on the issue of Arua's development as proposed by Sam Andema and Oguzu
plus others, we need to have an interlectual debate at Arua involving the
leaders on ground both politicians and civil servants plus others. Now is the
time to put Arua and westnile in the right path.
In the greater urban plan of Arua, the areas surrounding the town are
encouraged to plan in a town setting but the elders/politicians in the peri
urban areas have misunderstood and rejected this idea.
Friends, Arua needs urgent grand plan though you will be told that the plan is
already in place, which is only for the Municipality.
On Barifa issue, degazetting the forest is the greatest mistake we would make
for generations. Tobacco and charcoal business among others has caused great
demage. Let Barifa remain as an oasis of vegetation save for the undone Dorcus
Inzikuru stadium.
Friends thanks for the discussion. Let us keep up the fight for Arua.
God bless us and West Nile.
Nayenda Elly