On Thursday 16 June 2005 12:15 pm, Jim Wright wrote:
> wget 1.10 is now out.

yes, finally ;-)

> wget 1.10.1 is on the way to address some issues that have popped up.

not really. hrvoje and i have not really planned any deadline for 1.10.1 yet.
for what regards the future roadmap, the development will be split in two
branches, with hrvoje leading the process of fixing bugs in 1.10 (and
eventually releasing a 1.10.1 version) and me leading the Wget 2.0
development tree (we're going for a change in the major release number
because we want to introduce major architectural improvements in the code).
this does not mean that the code in the development branch will be unstable.
on the contrary, we believe in improvement by stable incremental changes.

> When can we begin submitting patches for features that were deferred for the
> 1.10 release?

right now. please submit the patches to me whenever you prefer.

> Will 1.10.1 be strictly bug fixes?

yes.

> I (and I believe several others) have contributions that I/we would like to
> see incorporated into wget, but there is no point in developing patches and
> sending them in if they will be ignored.

of course. now the feature freeze is officially lifted. send me all the
patches you want ;-)

> Thanks for the hard work on 1.10, it is a big step forward.

thank you for your precious support.

--
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi                          http://www.tortonesi.com

University of Ferrara - Dept. of Eng.    http://www.ing.unife.it
Institute for Human & Machine Cognition  http://www.ihmc.us
GNU Wget - HTTP/FTP file retrieval tool  http://www.gnu.org/software/wget