Hi,

Wget is a great product, thanks to everyone involved in its
development.

Recently I discovered that Wget would not talk to Windows FTP
servers. I searched around on the web a bit and found references
to a patch to make it work, but I could not find the patch
itself. Therefore, to preserve my own sanity, I hacked together
my own Windows FTP patch. It is available at

http://home.earthlink.net/~jknapka/wget-1.6-FTP-NT.txt

It applies cleanly against the Wget-1.6 source tree.
It has been tested with only a single Windows NT FTP server,
one with which I must frequently have contact; I have no
idea if it will work in general, since it makes a very simple
and probably wrong assumption about how to detect a Windows
server; also the directory-parsing code is not very robust.
It does work properly with the one NT server I've
used, and with Unix servers as well.

If this has been done better by someone else, please
let me know directly, as I am not subscribed to the list.

-- Joe Knapka
"It was just a maddened crocodile hidden in a flower bed. It could
 have happened to anyone." -- Pratchett
// Linux MM Documentation in progress:
// http://home.earthlink.net/~jknapka/linux-mm/vmoutline.html
* Evolution is an "unproven theory" in the same sense that gravity is. *