Hrvoje Niksic

                    <hniksic@arsdigita        To:     Wget List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Thomas Bohn
                    .com>                     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    Sent by:                  cc:

                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Subject:     Re: WGET for OS/2 and
Proxy-Server
                    sdigita.de

                    15/05/01 13:00

> Thomas Bohn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I tried to use WGET for OS/2 (tested V 1.5.3 and 1.6) with a proxy
> > server. Without proxy server all works fine. But with...
> >
> > In a OS/2 commandline session I type the following commands:
> >
> > SET HTTP_PROXY=62.52.17.1:80
>
> Your proxy setting gets ignored.  Try using lower-case `http_proxy'.

It seems to me that getenv has some "issues" on OS/2.
Workaround: use .wgetrc commands instead.

All environment variale names (i.e. the part before the '=') are uppercase
on OS/2

wget uses getenv("http_proxy"); the implementation of getenv seems to be
scanning _environ and doing a strncmp (i.e. case-sensitive comparison). If
getproxy in url.c is changed to getenv("HTTP_PROXY") then it does pick up
the environment setting.

Could we postulate that *ALL* environment vars influencing WGET be
uppercase ?
These are the places where getenv is used (excluding getopt.c)

init.c:237:  tmp = getenv ("no_proxy");
init.c:259:  char *home = getenv ("HOME");
init.c:292:  env = getenv ("WGETRC");
url.c:1292:    proxy = opt.http_proxy ? opt.http_proxy : getenv ("http_proxy");
url.c:1294:    proxy = opt.ftp_proxy ? opt.ftp_proxy : getenv ("ftp_proxy");
url.c:1297:    proxy = opt.https_proxy ? opt.https_proxy : getenv ("https_proxy");
--
Csaba Ráduly, Software Engineer                     Sophos Anti-Virus
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                  http://www.sophos.com