Hiroshi Takekawa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Please pay attention to po files before the release of wget 1.8.

I'm not sure how that can be done.  Strings do change at the last
moment, and it's impossible to wait for all the translators.

> I would appreciate if you (or the one in charge) would update
> Translation Project's information and wait for submission of new po
> files.

And how long should I wait, exactly?

These discussions recur on the list every now and then.  For me, the
only good solution would be to completely uncouple the translations
from the distribution, so that `wget-translations.tar.gz' could be
updated by the translators independently of when the release has been
issued.  But the Translation Project has rejected the idea, or in the
least ignored it.

Otherwise, only the Croatian translation will ever be guaranteed to be
really up to date.  And that's the one that the Translation Project
doesn't even list as being existent.  So there.