David McCabe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I am having a hell of a time to get the reg-ex stuff to work with the -A or -R
> options. If I supply this option to my wget command:
>
> -R 1*
>
> Everything works as expected. Same with this:
>
> -R 2*
>
> Now, if I do this:
>
> -R 1*,2*
>
> I get all the files beginning with 1. if I do this:
>
> -R 2*,1*
>
> I get all the files beginning with 2.

I've now tried to repeat this, but I am unable to.

This will sound incredulous, but based on some reports I got, I
believe what you see is a result of a Gcc bug.  Specifically, gcc
2.95.<something> can miscompile sepstring() in utils.c.  Please try
recompiling Wget with `cc' or without optimization and see if it works
then.