Daniel Stenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The meter is updated maximum once per second, I don't think it makes
> sense to update the screen faster than that.

Maybe not, but I sort of like it.  Wget's progress bar refreshes the
screen (not more than) five times per second, and I like the idea of
refreshing the download speed along with the amount.  However, I've
added the code to limit the ETA change to once per second.

I've come up with a similar scheme you are describing, except I now
use smaller subintervals.  In other words, at compile-time you can
independently choose how much you're going in the past, and in how
many chunks that's divided.  I've defaulted it to 3 seconds and 30
intervals, respectively.

> This basicly explains what curl does, not saying it is any
> particularly scientific way or anything, I've just found this info
> interesting.

Thanks for the info; I appreciate it.