Stefan Eissing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Am Dienstag, 07.10.03, um 16:36 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Hrvoje
> Niksic:
>> What the current code does is: determine the file size, send
>> Content-Length, read the file in chunks (up to the promised size) and
>> send those chunks to the server.  But that works only with regular
>> files.  It would be really nice to be able to say something like:
>>
>>     mkisofs blabla | wget http://burner/localburn.cgi --post-file
>> /dev/stdin
>
> That would indeed be nice. Since I'm coming from the WebDAV side
> of life: does wget allow the use of PUT?

No.

>> I haven't checked, but I'm 99% convinced that browsers simply don't
>> give a shit about non-regular files.
>
> That's probably true. But have you tried sending without
> Content-Length and Connection: close and closing the output side of
> the socket before starting to read the reply from the server?

That might work, but it sounds too dangerous to do by default, and too
obscure to devote a command-line option to.  Besides, HTTP/1.1
*requires* requests with a request-body to provide Conent-Length:

   For compatibility with HTTP/1.0 applications, HTTP/1.1 requests
   containing a message-body MUST include a valid Content-Length
   header field unless the server is known to be HTTP/1.1 compliant.