I've started using "wget" to recursively copy directory-trees onto a machine
when I install it. There are a few cases where I'm copying-in files that
replace ones that are already there. It looks like I can have "wget" delete
the old copy of the file and replace it with the new one, but I'd really like
to keep the old file as a record of which ones are being replaced.

When I omit the "-r" flag, using "-l inf -g on -nv -nH" instead, it looks like
"wget" preserves the original file and the newly copied-in file is assigned
a suffix ".1" to keep them separate. I haven't figured out if I can do this in
a recursive-copy or not. But what I really want to do is this: have "wget" move
the *old* copy to have the ".1" suffix, and let the new copy keep the name
instead. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

        Carl Ponder