Tue, 16 Sep 2008 11:19:50 -0400, Cristián Serpell
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> :

> I would like to know if there is a reason for using a signed int for
> the length of the files to download. The thing is that I was trying
> to download a 2.3 GB file using wget, but then the length was printed
> as a negative number and wget said "Aborted". Is it a bug or a
> design decision?
Which version of wget are you using? It was a bug of older wget
versions. You can see it with the output of wget --version command
(latest version is 1.11.4).

I'm not having any trouble with downloading files bigger than 2G.

                   Doruk

--
FISEK INSTITUTE - http://www.fisek.org.tr