On Oct 31, 2006, at 7:20 AM, David Walbert wrote:
Footnotes and endnotes are identical in content in the context of a print document and I am not certain how they'd differ even presentationally on a web page, so yes, I think those can be considered identical in terms of markup.

Scholarly books sometimes use both footnotes and endnotes for different things -- footnotes for citations and endnotes for tangential discussions, or vice versa. I've never seen an HTML document try to make this distinction, though.

--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/