On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 22:11:15 +0100, Kornel Lesinski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

User-agent sniffing is a bad practice - it's inaccurate, hurts minority browsers and is not forward-compatible. Please change your method to use Accept header, so it won't be affecting any HTML-only user-agents (web is more than a handful of desktop browsers). Accept method will even work for MSIE and Lynx when/if they start supporting XHTML.

Even your regular expressions for User-Agent aren't doing exactly what you intended, because mod_rewrite does not anchor patterns.

While I totally agree that browser sniffing isn't a way to go, I must say that Accept headers cannot be used to resolve this because MSIE claims to support */* in the Accept header that it sends.

--
Alexey Feldgendler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>