On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 21:07:20 -0000, Mihai Sucan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If <video> elements would have native UIs, bloggers would be more attracted of it, and developers of video sites as well. In the above case, you'd only have:

<video src="http://www.youtube.com/v/id";>

I doubt YouTube would allow that. Such video (even with UI provided by browser) lacks features that YouTube probably would require: branding and link to their website.

I think support for XSPF might be helpful in solving that problem. XSPF has <image> element which could be used as stand-in or overlay image and <info> elements for link to YouTube and video's page.

--
regards, Kornel LesiƄski