On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 18:57:59 +0200, Peter Kasting <pkast...@google.com> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 12:05 AM, Anne van Kesteren <ann...@opera.com>wrote:
Also, maxlength cannot be enforced as client-side validation requirement
due to compatibility issues.

I don't grasp what you're saying here.  Are you saying that maxlength or
ValidityState.tooLong() cannot be implemented as specced?

I was trying to say something else (Web Forms 2.0 was at one point modified to only enforce maxlength if the value was actually changed by the user and I misremembered how that was solved), but it turns out what is specified clashes with a jQuery extension to the textarea element as well :/ Not sure how to address that.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/