On 20.04.2015 23:47, Daniel Kinzler wrote:
Something seems to be wrong with the order, though. Munich (pop > 1m in all
statements) is listed way after Chemnitz (pop < 300k in all statements). Any
idea why?

Good catch. My query was too simple (using one "random" population instead of the biggest one). Here is a better query, this time even with populations given:

PREFIX : <http://www.wikidata.org/entity/>
SELECT ?city (MAX(?population) AS ?max_population) ?citylabel ?mayorlabel WHERE {
 ?city :P31c/:P279c* :Q515 .  # find instances of subclasses of city
 ?city :P6s ?statement .      # with a P6 (head of goverment) statement
 ?statement :P6v ?mayor .     # ... that has the value ?mayor
?mayor :P21c :Q6581072 . # ... where the ?mayor has P21 (sex or gender) female FILTER NOT EXISTS { ?statement :P582q ?x } # ... but the statement has no P582 (end date) qualifier

 # Now select the population value of the ?city
 # (the number is reached through a chain of three properties)
?city :P1082s/:P1082v/<http://www.wikidata.org/ontology#numericValue> ?population .

 # Optionally, find English labels for city and mayor:
 OPTIONAL {
   ?city rdfs:label ?citylabel .
   FILTER ( LANG(?citylabel) = "en" )
 }
 OPTIONAL {
   ?mayor rdfs:label ?mayorlabel .
   FILTER ( LANG(?mayorlabel) = "en" )
 }
} GROUP BY ?city ?citylabel ?mayorlabel
ORDER BY DESC(?max_population) LIMIT 100

Oh... maybe quantity values are sorted in alphanumeric order, because they are
decimal strings? They should be xsd:decimal...

They are.

Markus