I think using the order "Last, First" is a convention for page names in the
Russian Wikipedia. I don't think having this form in Russian labels on Wikidata
is necessary (or even desirable). Maybe The Other Amir can tell us more :)

Am 22.04.2015 um 14:48 schrieb Amir Ladsgroup:
> Hello,
> I started bot of auto-transliterating names of humans, initially with Persian
> and English (as a pair) since I know both and I can debug. After some
> modifications, In the last check, In more than several hundreds of edits I
> checked, I couldn't find any errors, I want to expand this bot for other
> languages but before, I need opinions of people who know rules of
> transliterating names in these languages, I tried to realize rules and this is
> my result but I need someone familiar to confirm
> *Chinese: Instead of space it uses "·" character (it's not dot) but order is
> the
> same. e.g Alan Turing is:"艾伦·图灵"
> <https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E8%89%BE%E4%BC%A6%C2%B7%E5%9B%BE%E7%81%B5>
> which
> "艾伦" means Alan and "图灵" means Turing
> *Japanese: it's the same but different separator: "・", e.g. "アラン・チューリン
> グ"
> <https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%A2%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%BB%E3%83%81%E3%83%A5%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AA%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0>
> *Russian: The separator is space character but order is like "FamilyName,
> GivenName" e.g. "Тьюринг, Алан"
> <https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A2%D1%8C%D1%8E%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B3,_%D0%90%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%BD>
>  is
> "Turing, Alan". Handling names with more than two words would be pretty
> complicated (I skip them)
> *I checked Hebrew and Greek and both are simple languages like Persian, same
> order, space as separator.
>
> If you can help me, it would make a great difference in number of labels in
> your
> language. Things you can help are:
> 1- Confirm or correct rules of these languages and add other rules if needed.
> 2- Suggest more languages. I thought about Sanskrit, Hindi, and Telugu but I
> don't know anyone who can check the rules, if you do, please help me.
> 3- For any language I will do an initial run just to test, if you can check
> edits of the bot (which is pretty easy, e.g. see this
> <https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Contributions/Dexbot&dir=prev&offset=20150422000329&target=Dexbot>)
> it would be awesome.
>
> Thanks,
> Best

Daniel Kinzler
Senior Software Developer

Wikimedia Deutschland
Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.