Hi Ed. In addition to the API(s), there's a specific Freebase<->Wikidata
mapping dump which is a little old (18 months), but very compact and easy
to work with.  The identifiers are likely to be pretty stable, so if the
entities you are interested in have been around for a while, it might be
easier to work with.

   https://developers.google.com/freebase/data#freebase-wikidata-mappings

The three hits for your sample topic make me suspicious about the quality
of the mapping though

$ curl http://storage.googleapis.com/freebase-public/fb2w.nt.gz | zgrep
'm.04hcw'
<http://rdf.freebase.com/ns/m.04hcw>      <
http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#sameAs> <http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q9391>
.
<http://rdf.freebase.com/ns/m.04hcw4>     <
http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#sameAs> <
http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q1579293> .
<http://rdf.freebase.com/ns/m.04hcwh>     <
http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#sameAs> <
http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q1347932> .

I don't know if this dump was used as the basis for the identifiers loaded
into Wikidata, but you might want to consider building in some safeguards
like double checking that names match -- whatever lookup scheme you decide
to use.

Tom