The thing that sucked me away from Yahoo and over to Google was that Google
actually crawled the net themselves.  They did not rely on people submitting or
knowing how to submit their pages.

So if you just wait long enough, your page shows up.  At least in theory.
Remember when we used to "submit" pages to multiple search engines and some
of them had very odd peculiarities about how to submit and how they'd index
them.  Bah!  I'm fine with waiting to be indexed.

Will Johnson