On 20 May 2010 16:29, David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com> wrote:

> No, I mean actual data from the actual use of our site. Putting the
> search box in the same place as other popular sites is on the
> assumption that people will find this more familiar. But what's the
> actual data say about the change? I assume someone gathered some
> before and plans to gather some after.

We have a rough proxy for use of search, I believe, by seeing the
traffic to special:search. We could try seeing if this exhibits any
noticeable difference after the chance.

On the other hand, you could interpret any such change in about seven
different ways, so it may not help much... ;-)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.g...@dunelm.org.uk