To Risker:

*Edits by reviewers to articles with pending changes are automatically
accepted.
NO, the reviewer has to manually accept the new revision, and you could have
asked **before** creating this mountain of drama and FUD on enwiki, or
tested the configuration yourself, or read the documentation, as this is
stated very clearly in the tables at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Pending_changes.

*Pending changes will help to reduce visibility of vandalism and BLP
violations
Yes, classic protection is way too rigid for Wikipedia today, and has always
been too rigid. The flexibility of pending changes protection will allow to
use protection where needed, and only where needed, more than classic
protection would have ever allowed on its own. The protection policy allows
for a considerable amount of discretion, and it is evident that
administrators in general would be more willing to apply pending changes
protection on articles subject to vandalism or BLP violations than they
would otherwise have been with the rigid semi-protection. As long as we can
keep up with the backlog, this is a win-win situation.

*Pending changes will encourage more non-editors to try to edit, and these
new editors will become part of our community.
Yes, and no. We may not gain considerably more editors, because it would
concern a small number of articles, but every edit makes an editor, even if
one-time. No to the second part, because every editor *is* a member of the
community. The community is not only the most active editors. And yes, there
are people trying to edit semi-protected pages, and in a constructive way.
Since we modified the
Protectedpagetext<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Protectedpagetext>to
make submitting edit requests more accessible, we've received many
more,
the vast majority of those are in good-faith, so there are definitely people
out there trying to edit.

*Pending changes will help with disputes.
No, and it was clearly stated in the proposal, and now clearly stated in the
trial policy (scope section), that pending changes protection, level 1 or 2,
should not be used on pages subject to disputes.

*Anonymous editors will now be able to edit the [[George W. Bush]]  and
[[Barack Obama]] articles.
No, and it was clearly stated in the proposal, and now clearly stated in the
trial policy (scope section), that pages subject to too high levels of
vandalism should not be protected with pending changes but classic
protection.

Cenarium