On 06/14/2010 01:12 AM, Cenarium sysop wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 7:57 AM, Cenarium
> sysop<cenarium.sy...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> You'll soon have your answer here:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Reviewing#Proposing_a_delay_to_trial_implementation.
>> There are many outstanding issues to address and still quite a deal of
>> preparation to be made. Again people didn't get involved until a launch date
>> was fixed, it may be hard to define one in advance, but that's how it is.
> We could also implement as scheduled, but refrain from using pending changes
> in mainspace until we're ready. This way, reviewers could start testing in
> Wikipedia namespace before it's rolled out on articles. The issue of using
> level 2 PC-protection is not resolved yet, so we may request a configuration
> change if there's consensus for not using it.

I am going to stay quite thoroughly out of the discussion as to
community readiness or the actual date; the community asked for this
ASAP, and if the community changes its mind and wants it enabled later,
that's entirely up to the community.

However, I do want to say two things.

One, delaying isn't free. There has been a lot of work in prep for this,
and some of it will have to be done again for a new date, especially on
the ops and press sides. If we cancel the June 15th rollout, then once
the community is happy that things are sorted, we'll have to go back and
find a new date that works for the FlaggedRevs people, the ops people,
and the communications people, and hope that we can get time for
reporters on Jimmy's calendar again.

Two, the community has been asking for this ASAP all year, so any
request to delay has to be clear enough and strong enough to obviously
override that long-established and widely supported consensus. So far
it's 7 to 5, which is neither clear nor strong.

Regardless, we will be rolling out the FlaggedRevs code changes to all
wikis tonight as scheduled. That should have no effect on enwiki and
hopefully small effects on current FlaggedRevs users, so there's no
reason to delay that part of it.

William