--- On Sat, 5/2/11, Carcharoth <carcharot...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> From: Carcharoth <carcharot...@googlemail.com>
> Andreas Kolbe <jayen...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > Our article talks about her dalliances with communism,
> feminism, and sufism,
> > and tells us that she was out shopping for groceries
> when the announcement
> > of the Nobel Prize win came, but it tells us next to
> nothing about what she
> > won the prize for.
>
> Human interest rather than encyclopedic?

Yes. Though I wouldn't want to get rid of the human interest. I watched that
interview with the "royal flush" quote, her sitting, with her shopping,
on the steps of her house, talking to the assembled reporters. It was
hilarious.

But we need to recognise that our present system and demographics are biased
towards adding spice to our articles, rather than meat. All spice and no meat
is no good.

Andreas

talking to the assembled