On 13/09/2011 16:25, Carcharoth wrote:

> I have bought expensive academic books in the past, but never actual
> published PhD theses. I would expect someone to rewrite, extend and
> expand on their PhD thesis to make it suitable for a wider readership
> before publishing it and expecting people to buy it.
In the UK PhD theses, as submitted, are theoretically free to download
from EThOS (Electronic Theses Online Service) of the British Museum - as
I discovered really not very long ago. But I'd like to know more. If the
PhD is not already digitised, or from an institution that pays for that
to happen, you may have to pay. Anyone know more?

Charles