I think you can share any or all of the following rules of thumb, in order:

"make proposed changes to talk pages.
 ask other editors to help you update an article.
 avoid editing articles about you/your organization directly,
 unless you are fixing vandalism or typos, updating stats, or adding sources.
"

SJ

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 1:59 AM, Ken Arromdee <arrom...@rahul.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Apr 2012, David Gerard wrote:
>>>
>>> If someone tells you to drive at 5 miles under the speed limit rather
>>> than
>>> to drive at the speed limit, he may be trying to keep you from getting
>>> too
>>> close to a line.
>>> If someone tells you *not to drive at all* rather than to drive at the
>>> speed
>>> limit, that no longer has anything to do with "getting close to a line".
>>> He's just making up his own rules.
>>
>> Ken, what's your practical solution to the problems on each side, and
>> how will it work out well?
>

> I don't know, but whatever it is, it should be consistent.  Having the
> policy
> say one thing and Jimbo say something completely different is stupid as
> well as increasing Wikipedia's reputation for incomprehensible rules.

Samuel Klein          identi.ca:sj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266