It was I who received yesterday the phone call at home of the french-speaking journalist who wanted to talk to the *swiss* person in charge of the press.

I was embarassed since I had no idea who it was :-)
She indicated the name she had was clearly not french and she spelled your name on the phone (I actually got it wrong, or her ...)

I went on irc (#wikipedia-de) and asked help on the matter. Presroi answered and gave me your user name (Napa I thinnk), so I could direct her to your user page on de.wikipedia. We wandered on your numerous pages :-) but we did not find any phone number nor obvious email adress there, so I recommanded she leaves you a message on talk page and an email through the wikipedia email. It was in the middle of the afternoon. Just after I hanged back, Presroi gave me your phone number.... too late....

Regarding this issue, if you have a sort of official status of press contact, your references (full name, pseudo, adress, email, phone) should be added on the internal wiki. That would be most helpful :-)

About contact
I do not think there is an official french-speaking contact in Swiss proper, at least I never heard of it. We actually are without french press contact in France since tuesday... due to the press contact having been made treasurer of the french association (Yann Forget)
So, the job is pending.

Most of the time, Ryo (Nicolas Weeger) and myself handle press requests in french... and it seems the french journalist who contacted you yesterday, just found the way to me by her own means... but she wanted the swiss contact :-) She did not tell me what was the issue, and in whole truth, I did not ask... sick children at home.

Note that I often answer press interviews from french swiss and french belgium journalists... I had one from Belgium this very week (l'écho, an economical newspaper) and am planned for a radio interview on next monday (Radio Suisse Romande).

I will also add that when we send press releases, we generally send them to
european french press, regardless of the country. So, swiss press is generally
informed. When I have time, I also try to send some press releases at least to
some algerian and marocan press references (but these are definitly
under-informed).

You are absolutely correct it would be interesting to have wikipedians
motivated in doing more specifically the press contact in Switzerland for
example. I hope the swiss chapter helps here... meanwhile, I must confess that
likely, french speaking press is handled by Wikimedia France. German speaking
press possibly by the verein ? and italian speaking swiss press possibly by
Wikimedia Italy ?

The solution is likely that a press team from all over the world unite with the
press officer of the Foundation, to make a tight team with all necessary
connections. Work to do !

ant

Angela wrote:

I thought some people on this list might be interested in this if
they're not on the wikimediach-l list.

Angela.