Salut Florence

2006/1/5, Florence Devouard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I went on irc (#wikipedia-de) and asked help on the matter. Presroi
answered and gave me your user name (Napa I thinnk),

Yes, he told me that.

so I could direct
her to your user page on de.wikipedia. We wandered on your numerous
pages :-)

Oh, that was you?

but we did not find any phone number nor obvious email adress
there, so I recommanded she leaves you a message on talk page and an
email through the wikipedia email.

She has reached me by  email, I called her back.

It was in the middle of the
afternoon. Just after I hanged back, Presroi gave me your phone
number.... too late....

Regarding this issue, if you have a sort of official status of press
contact, your references (full name, pseudo, adress, email, phone)
should be added on the internal wiki. That would be most helpful :-)

Actually it is, have a look at http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Presse. But I definitely will spread my contact informations all over the internet ;-)

About contact
I do not think there is an official french-speaking contact in Swiss
proper, at least I never heard of it.
We actually are without french press contact in France since tuesday...
due to the press contact having been made treasurer of the french
association (Yann Forget)
So, the job is pending.

:-(

Most of the time, Ryo (Nicolas Weeger) and myself handle press requests
in french... and it seems the french journalist who contacted you
yesterday, just found the way to me by her own means... but she wanted
the swiss contact :-) She did not tell me what was the issue, and in
whole truth, I did not ask... sick children at home.

When she had known how bad the french of the swiss contact is, she would not have insisted on the swiss contact ;-)

Note that I often answer press interviews from french swiss and french
belgium journalists... I had one from Belgium this very week (l'écho, an
economical newspaper) and am planned for a radio interview on next
monday (Radio Suisse Romande).

Great!

I will also add that when we send press releases, we generally send them to european french press, regardless of the country. So, swiss press is generally informed.

Très bien! Akl of the german Wikimedia-Verein sends the press releases generally to Swiss and Austrian press as well.

When I have time, I also try to send some press releases at least to some algerian and marocan press references (but these are definitly under-informed).

You are absolutely correct it would be interesting to have wikipedians motivated in doing more specifically the press contact in Switzerland for example. I hope the swiss chapter helps here...

So do I.

meanwhile, I must confess that likely, french speaking press is handled by Wikimedia France.

That sounds good.

German speaking press possibly by the verein ?

Well, there are just contact persons of the german Wikipedia, but actually it's not (only) handled by the verein.

and italian speaking swiss press possibly by Wikimedia Italy ?

The solution is likely that a press team from all over the world unite with the press officer of the Foundation, to make a tight team with all necessary connections.

Perfect!

Greetings,
Nando