Sorry Claudio,
user in italian are more than you think (personally I can count other two). For the tessiners there are no problems to use german, but there are other persons who don't understand deutsch (personally I have some problems, but I can't read it).

The problem are two:
1.other persons in Italy are interested to Wikimedia CH but don't know german (the knowledge of german is more usual in Tessin)
2.the use of english can be important to attract other members

The Swiss lies in the center of Europe. I hope that could be not only a geographical position ;)

Ilario

P.S. Sorry, I am answering late to this e-mail, but I have not read it before