Dear all

A first request to vice chairman of VIS (Verein der Informatik Studierenden) at ETH was responded in a positive way. This means we can further try getting GEP building for Wikipedia day 2006. In addition there is a possibility to use the rooms in IFW building without limitations in time (remember GEP would close at 17:00). IFW is located ~300 m to GEP but not so central/no walk by visitors. We could maybe establish a staff-chill out there when the official WP day is over.

As written on the homepage

http://ch.wikimedia.org/wiki/Events/Wikipedia_Day_2006

these rooms are just minutes away from Zurich main station and parking space is available on Saturdays.

I would suggest to put about 30 seats in the front half of the room for workshops and speeches. In the back part and I suggest bistro tables with laptops. Finger food and drinks could be served on a side part of the room. Bigger speeches (Jimbo Wales?) could be held in a room in IFW (up to 176 seats).

On Monday I will find out on which Saturdays we can get the rooms. Then we will need a decision about place and time till January 29th. So tell me your opinion!

Regards

Robin