Jürg Studer wrote:

>>> The minutes are to be made available to the Association members not
>>> more than two months after a decision has been made, otherwise the
>>> committee constitutes itself.
>> I understand the general idea, but my dictionaries do not know any
>> meaning of the work "constitute" that would fit this sentence (neither
>> does the website http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=constitute).
>
> maybe this helps: constituer

Hum... no, it does not really help... Looking at the German text, it may
also be the word "otherwise" that confuses me: I don't really see how
the two parts of the sentence are related.

Are we saying that the comitee must provide the minutes, but that
otherwise, it is free to get organised as it wants ?

Frederic