On 07/20/2010 10:08 PM, Tim Starling wrote:
> Firefogg support has been moved out to an extension, and that
> extension was not complete last time I checked. There was chunked
> upload support in the API, but it was Firefogg-specific, no
> client-neutral protocol has been proposed. The Firefogg chunking
> protocol itself is poorly thought-out and buggy, it's not the sort of
> thing you'd want to use by choice, with a non-Firefogg client.

We did request feedback for the protocol. We wanted to keep it simple.
We are open to constructive dialog for improvement.

> When I reviewed Firefogg, I found an extremely serious CSRF
> vulnerability in it. They say they have fixed it now, but I'd still be
> more comfortable promoting better-studied client-side extensions, if
> we have to promote a client-side extension at all.

Yes there was a CSRF for a recently added new feature, It was fixed and
had an update deployed within hours of it being reported, that was like
over a year ago now? Firefogg has been reviewed it has thousands of
users. We are happy to do more reviewing. At one point we did some
review with some Mozilla add-on folks, and we are happy to do that
process again. That is of course if a CSRF from a year ago does not
permanently make the extension a lost cause?

peace,
--michael