I agree with Chris and Derric here; at least in the "western world", a
large percentage of IE7 users have not upgraded for "Enterprise" reasons.
Many of these enterprises use proprietary software that is written for IE7,
and upgrading to the IE9 versions can be cost-prohibitive. Often by waiting
another couple of years, the cost of the upgrade will drop to the level
that is acceptable to the organization (or alternately they can make a
better business case because support drops for the older versions or other
critical changes are being held back).

My own employer is in this situation, and until they figured out how to add
Firefox accessibility to the VPN, I had to keep IE7 on one of my home
computers for those occasions when I work off-site.

Risker