On 10/03/13 22:39, Chad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been thinking about this for the last week or so because it's becoming
> incredibly clear to me that core isn't scaling. It's already taking up over
> 4GB on the Gerrit box, and this is the primary reason core operations are
> slow.

4GB??
My not specially wellpacked clone takes 191M (and that includes all the
changes references), plus other 74 MB for the checkout.

> Core would have to be read-only for about an hour or two.
Having core read-only occasionally should not be a problem with jenkins
collaboration. Instead of merging make it say "this change has been
approved and is waiting for the epoch for merging", and have it actually
merge everything when it reopens.