Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Duane Clark wrote:

This is a separate bug from the other listview patches. If an app sends a LISTVIEW_Paint to a new listview before adding any items (which an app was :-) the item size was not getting set, causing subsequent LISTVIEW_Paint calls to clip the painting.

Sorry Duane, maybe it's just Monday morning, but I don't understand this.
If the listview has no items, what is it supposed to paint?
It paints the headers. And the problem comes about because in LISTVIEW_Paint, a test is made for the first paint, and if it is the first paint, the item size is updated.

if (infoPtr->bFirstPaint)
{
UINT uView = infoPtr->dwStyle & LVS_TYPEMASK;

infoPtr->bFirstPaint = FALSE;
LISTVIEW_UpdateItemSize(infoPtr);

Also, this just doesn't seem like the right place to place this check.
What if the app doesn't call LVM_SETITEMCOUNT?

It has nothing to do with LVM_SETITEMCOUNT that I know, or am I missing something? This bug is not related to the other bug.