Is this function that can be accomplished using the Feature elements? Do you want your Install User to select particular features or do you envision something like a custom dialog that allows them to select "Client" or "Server"? Pending their selection on the custom dialog, the correct set of features should already be enabled / scheduled.

David Adams
MSN MessengerID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I actually have two questions relating to this, not sure if I should post one
question seperately though

I have broken my installer down into having two features, CLIENT and SERVER.

What I want to happen is when I install the client feature, upon completion
it runs another small installer to lay down some extra functionality that is
required

If I install the Server component then I do not want the second small
installer to run.

What I am seeing is, if I install just the CLIENT, then the installer runs
to completion correctly.
If I install bothe CLIENT and SERVER on the same machine then the installer
runs to completion correctly.
If I install just the SERVER I get the following error message being
displayed

The installer has encountered an unexpected error instaling the package.
This may indicate a problem with this package. Te error code is 2753

If I check Add/Remove Programs I do see my main installer as having been
installed so just not sure if I am handling the condition correctly,
possibly related to the (NOT Installed) AND (NOT SVGEXISTS) condition
specified.

I have the following definitions

Condition to check for before running. Idea being check that this is an
install and only run if it finds the file in question
----------------------

  <Fragment Id='POSTINSTALL'>

    <CustomAction Id='LaunchFile' FileKey='svg' ExeCommand=''
Return='asyncNoWait' />

    <InstallExecuteSequence>
      <Custom Action='LaunchFile' After='InstallFinalize'>(NOT Installed)
AND (NOT SVGEXISTS)</Custom>
    </InstallExecuteSequence>

  </Fragment>

Definition of svg
----------------------
    <DirectoryRef Id='ProgramFilesFolder'>
      <Directory Id='Agilent' Name='Agilent'>
        <Directory Id='Dashb' Name='dashb' LongName='Business Dashboard'>
          <Directory Id='inst' Name='install'></Directory>
          <Directory Id='manuals' Name='manuals'></Directory>
          <Directory Id='bin' Name='bin'></Directory>
          <Directory Id='scripts' Name='scripts'></Directory>
        </Directory>
      </Directory>
    </DirectoryRef>

    <Property Id="SVGEEXISTS">
      <DirectorySearch Id="CheckFileDir" Path="inst" Depth="0">
        <FileSearch Id="CheckSVGFile" Name="SVGView.exe" />
      </DirectorySearch>
    </Property>

This bring me to the second question

My thinking behind controlling this is to check for a file being laid down
as part of the client install. Is there a better mechanism for determining
which features were selected during installion in order to decide what to do
at the end.

Don’t miss your chance to WIN 10 hours of private jet travel from Microsoft Office Live http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0540002499mrt/direct/01/