Just now Rob, and it looks like a flip flop.

During Install:
MSI (s) (CC:18) [12:58:31:859]: Component: sql_db_remote_sql; Installed:
Absent;   Request: Local;   Action: Local
MSI (s) (CC:18) [12:58:31:859]: Component: sql_db_remote_sql_patch;
Installed: Absent;   Request: Local;   Action: Null
MSI (s) (CC:18) [12:58:31:859]: Component: sql_sqlscript; Installed:
Absent;   Request: Local;   Action: Local

During Patch:
MSI (s) (CC:28) [13:05:22:945]: Component: sql_db_remote_sql; Installed:
Local;   Request: Local;   Action: Local
MSI (s) (CC:28) [13:05:22:945]: Component:
sql_db_remote_sql_patch;Installed: Local;   Request: Null;   Action:
Null
MSI (s) (CC:28) [13:05:22:945]: Component: sql_sqlscript; Installed:
Local;   Request: Local;   Action: Local

I guess I have a lead now, but that's kinda crazy based on my conditioning.
Feeling a little noobish... : o