Hi,

I want to make shortcut of my application in start-programs. For this I
written following code

<Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir" >

      <Directory Id="ProgramFilesFolder" Name="PFiles" >

        <Directory Id="INSTALLDIR" Name="ALM6">

        </Directory>

        <Directory Id="ProgramMenuFolder">

          <Directory Id="ApplicationProgramsFolder" Name="ALM6"/>

        </Directory>

      </Directory>

    </Directory>

    <Shortcut Id="ApplicationStartMenuShortcut" Name="Bancware ALM 6.0"
Description="Bancware ALM 6.0"

                          Target="[INSTALLDIR]ALMGUI\bwr.ALM.exe"

                          WorkingDirectory="[INSTALLDIR]ALMGUI "/>

However I am facing problem with setting WorkingDirecotry.

My working directory is  [INSTALLDIR]ALMGUI. However it gives me error l

" Error   3              The Shortcut/@WorkingDirectory attribute's
value, '[INSTALLDIR]ALMGUI', is not a legal identifier.  Identifiers may
contain ASCII characters A-Z, a-z, digits, underscores (_), or periods
(.).  Every identifier must begin with either a letter or an underscore.
d:\WiX_prog\WixProject1\WixProject1\Product.wxs     83           1
WixProject1

"

So I tried

<Property Id="StartinDir" Value ='[INSTALLDIR]ALMGUI'></Property>

<Shortcut Id="ApplicationStartMenuShortcut" Name="Bancware ALM 6.0"
Description="Bancware ALM 6.0"

                          Target="[INSTALLDIR]ALMGUI\bwr.ALM.exe"

                          WorkingDirectory="StartinDir"/>

However it sets "start in" - [INSTALLDIR]ALMGUI' value in shortcut
property.

How can I set the directory [INSTALLDIR]ALMGUI to WorkingDirectory

Thanks,

Rahul Ekbote