Hello All,

due to political issues (see below) my setups need to be able to upgrade
when only the 4th part of the version info changes.

Example: V1.0.0.1 needs to upgrade V1.0.0.0. My installers always do major
upgrades, the product GUI always changes (that is OK and not an issue to
discuss).

After a lot of googeling, my idea is to write a custom action that can to
the version comparision, but then I need to tell MSI somehow at runtime that
this run is an upgrade - how can I do that?

Is there another (better?) way to achieve this?

Thank you in advance
Dirk

PS: Political issue explanation: We label Major.Minor.Bugfix.SvnRevision.
During the development phase only the SVN revision will increase. My bosses
install the setups on their PCs and do not always want to uninstall by hand
before installing a new Setup...