Hi All,

I've read the How To in the WiX documentation on this, but I am
confused. My application is typically installed by administrator, yet
students need to be able to log on and use it, so it makes sense to make
the installer perMachine. The example of how to create a shortcut,
however, seems to be per user. I have been using this and occasionally
received the install error 'Could not open key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\my company etc etc'

If I'm doing a perMachine install, why do I need to create a registry
key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER? What is the best practice for doing this?

Regards

Nick